Got a story?

Have an embarrassing, "what the heck", or any other unbelievable story to tell? Send it to me at crapwillhhappen@gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog! Don't be ashamed! We'd love to hear it!

Translate ~ Traducir ~ 翻译 ~ Traduire ~ übersetzen

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Kiss it Goodbye

So, I've been looking around for a job, right? And yesterday, I go to Zupas and on the front door, there's a help wanted sign. I figure it wouldn't be a bad job, so when I get home, I apply online. The way you apply for Zupas online was super confusing to me, so I kind of gave up on it, thinking they wouldn't call me because it wasn't even complete.
Today, during lunch, I get a call from an unknown number. Lately, I've been getting calls at least once a day from some cruise line trying to sell to me. So,  when I saw this strange number, I figured it was just the cruise line again and I rolled my eyes explaining my frustration to my friend. She insisted I let her answer the call, so, against my better judgment, I let her. She answers it with, "BlahhGoobooMrr" or some kind of gibberish baby talk. Then she persist to say, "STAHP calling me!!" In her best impression of Jimmy Fallon's "Sara", and hangs up. We laugh about it after, thinking we're so clever and funny.
Then the number calls again. Holiday Cruise Line doesn't ever call back.
But by this point, I'm too frustrated that they're still bugging me to think logically and I answer the phone with an irritated, "Hello?"
Voice on the other end: "Hi! Is this Anna?"
Me, in a still irritated and somewhat smart-alecky voice: "Yeah, this is she." (because I think it's sooo ugly when people say, "this is she!")
Her: "Well Hi! This is the manager from Café Zupas and we we're just looking at your online application, do you have a few minutes?"
Me to my friend: I'm going to kill you.
Manager proceeds: "Ha.. ha, um, was that you who answered the phone the time before?"
Me to my friend: Yeah, we're not friends anymore.
I explain to the kind lady that, no(!!), that was not me, it was my friend trying to be funny. She then replies with, "Oh good! I was pretty scared..."
Yeah, yeah me too.
Let's just kiss that job goodbye.

-Anna

1 comment:

  1. Hahah :D I love that story :) sorry that you didn't get the Job, but I wish I was there when Bekah answered... sadly I had to pack my stuff in dumb boxes

    ReplyDelete