Got a story?

Have an embarrassing, "what the heck", or any other unbelievable story to tell? Send it to me at crapwillhhappen@gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog! Don't be ashamed! We'd love to hear it!

Translate ~ Traducir ~ 翻译 ~ Traduire ~ übersetzen

Friday, April 17, 2015

Goin' Fishin'

Toilets...Why must everything end up there?

During middle school I was in a musical which required a few costume changes. We would all pile into the few stalls to change privately. One time while changing out of my regular school clothes and into my costume I spilled all the contents of my pockets onto the floor.  I had brought change for the vending machine because the show was going to run long. As I gathered up all my belongings I noticed I was missing a golden dollar that I had packed special. I looked around and checked everywhere I could think. As I stood up from checking the floor something shiny caught my eye from inside the toilet bowl. I was in so much shock that I exclaimed. My friend in the next stall over asked me what was wrong and we exited our stalls at the same. I pointed at the toilet bowl with a disgusted look on my face. As my friend chuckled at my pain I realized my fate. If i didn't want to starve I was going to have to reach in there and get my money out. I asked my friend to turn on the hot water in the closest sink and I prepared myself physically and mentally. I pulled up my sleeves and pried open the stall door. I took a deep breath and went in. I reached in there with one hand and held back my slipping sleeve with the other. I fished out the coin and made my way to the sink as fast as I could. I dropped it in the hot flowing water and stuck my hand and arm in it as well. All the while my friend was laughing her head off. After a bit I started to clam down and opened my wincing eyes. There just a few sinks down was the mother and smaller sister of one of the popular cast members. My friend tried to hold back her laughter and my face turned the color of a tomato. As they finally made their way out my friend lost control of her laughter and my head hung in embarrassment.

- A.P.

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize with you A.P.
    I've dropped my phone in the toilet not once, not twice, but three times. Two of which happened at school....

    ReplyDelete