Got a story?

Have an embarrassing, "what the heck", or any other unbelievable story to tell? Send it to me at crapwillhhappen@gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog! Don't be ashamed! We'd love to hear it!

Translate ~ Traducir ~ 翻译 ~ Traduire ~ übersetzen

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bloody Fingers

A few months ago, I had a really important piano recital. I felt really confident and prepared. My song was challenging, but I was sure I could play it perfectly. I was listed second to last on the program, and as it got closer and closer to my turn, I started to feel nervous. When it was finally my turn, I sat down to play, and I started, but the notes WOULD NOT COME. so I started again, and still, couldn't do it. So, I just sat down and let the last girl go. I tried to calm down and reassure myself that I would be ok. after she finished, I went back up to actually play my song. I started with no problems, but I noticed that there was something like blood on the keys. I looked down at my hands and my right hand had a bloody hangnail, and I was bleeding all over the piano. and by then, I had already started over so many times, I just kept on going. but I felt SO BAD, and I made my teacher disinfect the keys after I was done! My finger looked pretty nasty by the time I finished!

-M.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment