Got a story?

Have an embarrassing, "what the heck", or any other unbelievable story to tell? Send it to me at crapwillhhappen@gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog! Don't be ashamed! We'd love to hear it!

Translate ~ Traducir ~ 翻译 ~ Traduire ~ übersetzen

Friday, May 1, 2015

Tackled

The other day an old friend, who I haven't seen in a few years, invited me to attend his tennis match that was at my school. I had no reason not to go, so I went. My friend Dominique came with me and we set our christmas blankets (they're the comfiest blankets I own)  up on the hill; it was the perfect view. As we are waiting for the game to start, I see my friend start to make his way over to us. Thinking that he had seen me and had come to say hi, I jumped up and started to walk to him. The awkward part was, he actually hadn't seen me and walked straight past me to his other buddy. At that point, I felt pretty stupid. But I continued to yell his name, and he finally saw me. He was so excited to see me, he ran to me, threw his arms around me and tackled me down the hill. And there we were- entangled, tumbling down the grass. Now THAT was awkward.
Afterwards, his friend came up to us and said to him, "Heard you tackled a girl down the hill. Nice one. Everyone's talking about it." And I just sat there like, yeah, that girl was me...
Not sure who that was more embarrassing for, me or him.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment