Got a story?

Have an embarrassing, "what the heck", or any other unbelievable story to tell? Send it to me at crapwillhhappen@gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog! Don't be ashamed! We'd love to hear it!

Translate ~ Traducir ~ 翻译 ~ Traduire ~ übersetzen

Sunday, May 3, 2015

That's What You Get For Being Nice...

A long story started out really simple.
We had German Day at our high school in October.  We were practicing a lot for it and were excited to show the other high schools that we are way better than them. The day was here, and we were excused from class. It was awesome, I was supposed to stay in the library with the other 3 native Germans and talk with all the students in German. It was also called signature conversation; you had to ask questions and talk, if somebody answered the question with yes, you had to sign the paper.  I guy came up to me and was talking to me, it was fun and although he couldn’t speak really good German. He asked me one of the questions and I answered with a "yes", but I wasn’t thinking and signed with my first and last name.
I never saw this guy again on that day, but later I came home and got a friend request on facebook. I had talked to so many guys that day I couldn’t remember him, but of course I accepted the request. He started sending me massages asking me how I was,  and I would respond. He doesn't have a smartphone, so he asked me if he could have my phone number. I gave him my number and we texted. November passed and he wanted to see me again. But, I wasn’t really sure I wanted to see him, because I couldn’t remember who he was. Finally, I said yes, when he asked me to go to a movie (hobbit) with his friend and the friends girlfriend. By this point I didn’t realize that this was supposed to be a date; in Germany it is just normal to hang out with guys without any purpose. As he picked me up and introduced himself to my host mom, it got awkward. Before the movie started we had to wait, so he asked me a ton of questions. I answered everything friendly, but I never really asked anything back. I thought he would get that I didn't think it was working out between us. The movie was over and he brought me home. I thought everything was good and we would never see each other again. Wrong! Later that day he posted on his Facebook “Saw the Hobbit yesterday with three awesome people. It was so fun. After that we weren’t really texting anymore. At the end of Christmas break I had a boyfriend, that relationship lasted 7 weeks or so. I never heard back from the guy (not my ex-boyfriend, the other one I went to the movie with). One day he started texting me again. I was fine and just answered short. I never really asked questions back. Then he asked me if I could help him with his photography assignment. I said yes (my friends always tell me that I am way to nice). So he picked me up at a Friday in March. I thought the conversations at the movie were bad, but they got even worse. After he took hundreds of pictures of me at a castle, we were done. But his friend who drove wasn’t here, so we had to wait 45 minutes until he showed up. During that time it was awkward silence. I was just done and didn’t want to talk to him after this super awkward photoshoot (for one picture he wanted me to lay in the grad and he was standing over me, I was really uncomfortable). Finally his friend came and brought me home.
After that day I never responded him, he asked me if everything was ok and I said yes. I hang out with my friends just a couple days later and told them everything. They started texting him from my phone, first just about random stuff and later they asked him what he thinks about me. And he just “I wish there would be more”. If I would have known that, I would have never started the whole thing.


 -Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment