Got a story?

Have an embarrassing, "what the heck", or any other unbelievable story to tell? Send it to me at crapwillhhappen@gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog! Don't be ashamed! We'd love to hear it!

Translate ~ Traducir ~ 翻译 ~ Traduire ~ übersetzen

Friday, June 12, 2015

Car Troubles

My car doors aren't automatic. Yeah, that means you gotta roll the windows up by hand and lock all the doors one by one. It's pretty awful, but a car's a car. Anywho, I've locked myself out of my car countless times. It's the worst feeling ever. One week, I locked myself out 3 times! My dad had to come break in to it for me each time, and it was humiliating.
After locking myself out for the fourth time, I realized I needed to be more careful. So, I made sure I always had my keys with me and it became habit to check that I had my keys BEFORE locking the car and stepping out. A few months went by, and pretty soon I had a good streak going.
Until one day when I was in a hurry.
I was clear down the street, almost a block from my house, when I had to quickly jump out of my car. I can't even remember why I had to get out, but I know I had to; I was in a huge hurry. Anywho, I accomplish whatever I needed to step out of the car for, and turn to go back into my car-- psych, it's locked. I check all the doors-- all locked. GREAT.
So there I am, in the middle of an already narrow street, blocking traffic, my car is STILL running so I'm wasting my gas, and times ticking away. My dad was home sick, so I didn't want to bother him (plus, he lives a mile away). My step-dad was at home taking a nap, and he didn't want to help. And no one else was home. So I grabbed a hanger and some screw drivers and tried to mimic what I'd seen my dad do to break into my car.
I've never been so humiliated in all my life.
I was there for an hour, blocking traffic in the middle of the street, with everyone I've ever known squeezing around my car. Not one person stopped to help. In fact, my Uncle was even coming down the street, and turned THE OTHER WAY so he wouldn't have to help me. I looked worn, sweaty, helpless, and absolutely pathetic. I've never felt so bad for myself in all my life. And to make matters worse, I started bawling.
I finally ended up calling my dad. After another 35 minutes, we finally got it open. My gas was basically gone and so was my dignity.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment